[Asterisk-Users] Loss of Registration for SIP Trunks

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Wed Nov 23 23:17:06 MST 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 12:06 AM, Scott Clements wrote:

> HI List,
>
> You'll have to pardon the newbieness of this question, I was
> editing the sip.conf file on my asterisk server yesterday, and now
> none of my asterisk trunks will connect. From my knowledge sip.conf
> does not effect registration, but there have been no other changes
> at all. Below is my sip.conf, and some other CLI info. If anone has
> some thoughts please let me know.
>

> [general]
>
> port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
> disallow=all
> allow=g729
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw
> context=from-pstn
> ;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this
> context
> callerid = Unknown
> ;dtmfmode=rfc2833
> ;relaxdtmf=yes
>
> #include sip_nat.conf
> #include sip_custom.conf
> #include sip_additional.conf
>

> cee*CLI> sip show registry
> Host                            Username       Refresh State
This shows other servers to which asterisk has registered. I see no
register statements in your sip.conf above.

> cee*CLI> sip show peers
> Name/username    Host            Dyn Nat ACL Mask
> Port     Status
> sip-out-test/02  202.177.222.24              255.255.255.255
> 5060     Unmonitored
> 127/127          (Unspecified)    D          255.255.255.255
> 0        Unmonitored
> 126/126          (Unspecified)    D          255.255.255.255
> 0        Unmonitored
These are sip clients registered to your asterisk server. I see no
users listed in your sip.conf above, though I guess they are in your
include files. I also looks like user sip-out-test has a hardcoded IP
and is not set to dynamic so cannot really tell if it is registered
or not from this info. Users 127 and 126 are not registered. None
have a qualify to verify connectivity.

perhaps restoring to your previous config and editing more slowly
will show where things broke:)