[Asterisk-Users] Loss of Registration for SIP Trunks

Scott Clements seyclem at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 23:06:56 MST 2005

HI List,

You'll have to pardon the newbieness of this question, I was editing the
sip.conf file on my asterisk server yesterday, and now none of my asterisk
trunks will connect. From my knowledge sip.conf does not effect
registration, but there have been no other changes at all. Below is my
sip.conf, and some other CLI info. If anone has some thoughts please let me
know.

[general]

port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context=from-pstn
;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
callerid = Unknown
;dtmfmode=rfc2833
;relaxdtmf=yes

#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_custom.conf
#include sip_additional.conf

cee*CLI> sip show registry
Host                            Username       Refresh State

cee*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username    Host            Dyn Nat ACL Mask             Port
Status
sip-out-test/02  202.177.222.24              255.255.255.255  5060
Unmonitored
127/127          (Unspecified)    D          255.255.255.255  0
Unmonitored
126/126          (Unspecified)    D          255.255.255.255  0
Unmonitored

I have tried removing the trunks, confirmed the username and passwords for
the trunks are ok. I am totally stumped as to what would cause it.

If anyone can help it'd be great :)

SCott