[Asterisk-Users] Virtual Modems Revisited

Don Fanning don at 00100100.net
Wed Nov 23 19:00:27 MST 2005

Whoops... Sorry.. Mailer delay.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Don
Fanning
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 5:59 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Virtual Modems Revisited

I brought this up a while back and althought there are pieces that
interface * into Fax Telephony applications, there hasn't been something
that works with plain old analog modems.

Then I found this piece of code.  From my initial tests it looks solid,
but I have no clue in how to interface this into asterisk.  I thought I
would put this link up for other people to comment and try.

http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/linmodem.html

Out of the box it works with soundcards.  I've been battling jack and
alsa for a week trying to get them to play nice just to reroute the
audio but I'm out of time in this regard.  So I thought I would toss it
up and see what other people can come up with.

Happy Holidays!
Don

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: