[Asterisk-Users] Multiple HFC-PCI cards in mixed modes (TE+NT) won't work!...

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Nov 23 12:21:47 MST 2005

On Wed, November 23, 2005 19:21, Jose Limeres said:
> I also had good results with mISDN  where CAPI and BRIstuff failed
> before. In my case just for 1 HFCPCI BRI card.
> The instalation ran smoothly except that in the end when I try to
> restart ASterisk  get the message: Unable to initialize mISDN.
> I have the suspicion that the reason could be that no BRI line is
> detected as I do not have any available. Had anyone a similar problem?
>
> Jose
>
> On 23/11/05, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 22:04 +0100, Kristof Hardy wrote:
>> > Maybe it's worth a try, using chan_mISDN (experimental, but works!)..
>> > You can find the how-to pdf (for beronet, hfc, etc.. cards) on
>> > http://www.beronet.com/downloads/.
>> >
>> > There also is an install-script that helps you through the
>> > installation, I have gotten it to work with a junghanns card and 1x
>> > HFC pci card. Didn't have a 2nd hfc around to try back then..
>> >
>> > I you have results (good/bad) keep the list (or me) posted :)
>>
>> I'm using chan_misdn successfully with two HFC cards; one in NT mode and
>> one in TE mode.
>>
>> --
>> dwmw2

So, if I switch to mISDN, I'll need to have kernel 2.6.8 or better, which
means I'll have to reinstall, as I am using A at H, which currently uses a
2.4 kernel.

I have a few experience questions:
1) Does it support the possibility to listen in (similar to zapbarge?) and
record calls?
2) How is the synching between the 2 cards? (ZapHFC + Florz allows for the
NT mode card(s) to be slave(s) of the TE mode card(s) to ensure the
buffers run in sync.)

TIA!

--
Francesco Peeters