[Asterisk-Users] meetme + sendtext

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 10:38:10 MST 2005

On 11/23/05, Jean-Denis Girard <jd.girard at sysnux.pf> wrote:
> BJ Weschke wrote:
> >  Yes. The biggest challenge is putting together a mux device that
> > mixes the text frames out to all of the user/channel threads in the
> > conference.
>
> I've updated my initial patch two days ago. Now a new thread is created
> for each new message sent to the conference: this thread sends the
> message to all members of the conference, and then exits. So there is no
> more risk of blocking the sending channel. There is no mixing of text
> messages, but do we really need that ?
>
> As a side note I didn't get email from bug tracker about my update
> (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5808).

 Your latest patch is an improvement from your original one, but it
still doesn't really follow the design model and creates a situation
where your thread and the user's conf_run thread could be trying to
get at the same channel at the same time. While you can deal with this
kind of situation with channel locking, I think it'd still be
"cleaner" to integrate the distribution of the messages into the
conf_run thread that exists already for each leg in the conference.

 Additionally, mantis won't send you emails about updates you
personally make to issues.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/