[Asterisk-Users] high CPU usage when using -c

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Nov 22 23:17:03 MST 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 08:47:33AM +1100, Boris Bakchiev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a "peculiar" problem with asterisk using 100% cpu (one of the
> thread just nails one of the CPU's on dual-code system).
>
> Asterisk is running chrooted and under its own username.
> If I alter the init script and add -c to PARAMS variable one of the
> CPU's is being hammered by asterisk.
>
> I remove -c and everything is fine.

I haven't noticed it, but hre's how I would try to explin it: the linux
console, or a terminal device in general, is relatively slow compared to
just outputing to a file. If the same The same high-priority asterisk
process dumps everything to the console, it probably means more work.

But why would you want to add -c?