[Asterisk-Users] Dial ZAP with group (g2) erroneously says call answered when it is still ringing

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 17:48:13 MST 2005

I'm going to guess here that the problem is *not* related to using the
g. It just happnes to be that on your asterisk system when you use g2
it rings to an FXO module while when using channel 2 on the zap
interface you are calling an FXS channel. Please correct me if I'm
wrong.
Zap FXO modules will consider themselfs answered as soon as it goes of
hook (as this is realy called answered, since all the signalling is
done inband), as will FXS modules, but FXOs are meant to call ppl
using in band signalling, and that is what tells you (the caller) if
the person answers or not, but because it uses in band signalling it
is actualy answred as soon as you pick up the phone (just like your
ananlog handset that is plugged into an FXS module *answers* the line
as soon as it goes off hook, even though it is just trying to make a
phone call). The only way to work this around is if you use c in the
dial command for the zap channel, but then the called person has to
press # to connect the call.
Hope this helps.