[Asterisk-Users] Dial ZAP with group (g2) erroneously says call answered when it is still ringing

James B. MacLean macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Tue Nov 22 17:34:57 MST 2005

Hi Folks,

Took some effort to even realize what was happening and I did not find
anything obvious in the archives or FAQs to explain it.

Simply put, if I have a dial plan that dials to a specific ZAP line (ie
exten => _XXXX,n,Dial(Zap/2/${calling}&SIP/${calling}@${calling},15,tr))
then both the SIP and the ZAP are called and ZAP keeps reporting
"ringing" until they are answered or a timeout occurs. This is the
correct expectation as I understand it.

But... When I change the ZAP channel to use a group (ie exten =>
_XXXX,n,Dial(Zap/g2/${calling}&SIP/${calling}@${calling},15,tr)) then I
always get something like :

    -- SIP/8438-37ca is ringing
    -- Zap/3-1 answered SIP/8438-be27

Even though the Zap channel is _not_ answered. The phone does keep
ringing and I can complete the call if I pick up the phone.

So using single channels (either of the 2 I use) works, but together in
a group gives me these results. I am using the latest CVS of everything.

Any explanation, workaround greatly appreciated :),
JES