[Asterisk-Users] Multiple HFC-PCI cards in mixed modes (TE+NT) won't work!...

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Nov 22 13:20:23 MST 2005

I have seen several claims that it can be done: Multiple HFC-PCI cards
running both BRI_CPE_PTMP and BRI_NET_PTMP simultaneously, but *nobody*
has been able yet to tell me the exact setup to make it work...

My asterisk server breaks as soon as I turn one of the two cards in to an
NT card, which I suspect is an issue in the (Florz-patched) BriStuffed
chan_zap.so module, but as my cards aren't original Junghanns', they
obviously aren't supported by Junghanns...
(ZapHFC btw shows both cards active, one as TE Master, the other as NT
slave, so that seems to be OK! I therefore doubt it is the Florz patch!)

It's a pity, as I would have liked to install asterisk at 3 (low-budget)
locations (with a possibility of a few others to follow), but this flaw
disqualifies asterisk, as a Junghanns quad-bri card is too expensive...

--
Francesco Peeters
----