[Asterisk-Users] Bad Lines - What can the phone company do?

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 09:52:03 MST 2005

On 11/22/05, Justin Selleck <jselleck at smoothfusion.com> wrote:

> We suffer with some bad CO lines in the Seattle Redmond area.  To compensate
> our gains have been tuned 10 rx and 2 tx.   We have also had to add a 3
> second wait to outgoing calls because many times the front of the number
> gets missed by the telco.   Is there anything we can request from the phone
> company?  They have checked our lines (probably just for tone) and say there
> is nothing wrong.

Did they physically come out and run tests at the demarc?  Verizon is
usually pretty good about doing that if you ask.  Verizon's front line
support is clueless, but their onsite techs are pretty good.  I had
them come out to my place and they gave me all the stats on the line
when they were there.

Chris