[Asterisk-Users] Server Side AgentCallbackLogin

Jason Lixfeld jason+lists.asterisk at lixfeld.ca
Tue Nov 22 08:20:50 MST 2005

Here's what I'm trying to do..  We have a small system, there are
only two of us.  We both do sales and we both do support.  We like
Queues better than music on hold with a bunch of dials happening in
the background to try our phones, then cells, etc.  Problem is, we
don't like the idea of having to login to a queue and are wondering
if there is a way to force/automatically log agents into a queue
without having to do anything on the phone; have it be server side
that is.  I'm thinking some sort of cron job that runs every minute
or five to make sure all expected agents (my partner and I) are in
the queue and if not, log us in.  The extentions we use to enter the
queue are find-me extensions so if we aren't at our desks, calls will
hit our cells.

Like I said, we know we can do this by doing some excessive dialplan
authoring, but we'd rather use the pre-build Queues -- they do
everything we need/want, except the autologin part.  Anyone know how
we can solve this?