[Asterisk-Users] Digital Assitant Help

Johnathan Falk jdfalk at internet2.edu
Tue Nov 22 07:57:23 MST 2005

I am the network administrator for a small school in Michigan.  We are
currently using an older proprietary pbx system and are trying very hard to
get away from this one vender lock in. I have set up an asterisk server
using the version 1.2 of asterisk.  Our current system uses mailboxes and
extensions for teachers to dial a *#### (ex. *6913) enter a password and
then record the homework that they have assigned for the week.  Then when a
parent calls from the outside they are redirected through a prompt system to
the correct class and they are redirected to mailbox 6913 without the
ability to record a message there.  Even if a teacher wanted to they can't
edit this from the outside for security reasons.  Also in this system is an
automated school closing system along the same lines where the
superintendent dials a number, puts in a password, and chooses an option for
school closing reasons "1. Fog delay for 2 hours, 2. Snow closing" and this
message is automatically taken off the system and the default message is
restored at 12:00am.  I am very new to asterisk and any help would be
appreciated.

Johnathan Falk

Network Administrator

Clinton Community Schools