[Asterisk-Users] Linksys SPA941

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 00:02:03 MST 2005

> I have used both and at this point I would favor the 942. At least it
> has a speakerphone. Its display also has more useful info although I
> find it a bit darker but the text is sharper. Buttons on the Poly are

There is only one thing I don't like on the Sipura and that's the way
the phone lines look with the lines on the LCD. I think the font
itself is cheesy, but the 941 performs beautifully. I think I almost
prefer it to my ip500. The sound is as good, it boots about 20 times
faster, the Sipura menuing beats the heck out of Polycom's and so far,
it has never reboot spontaneously where the ip500 has.

> i actually do not
> like running pc through phones, just a hangup of mine.

I think it's an important convenience in some customer situations,
freeing them from a second cable. When you power cycle many phones
with hubs, you disconnect the PC from the net, making things ike
sniffing during phone boot a little harder.