[Asterisk-Users] Linksys SPA941

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Mon Nov 21 21:52:46 MST 2005

On Nov 21, 2005, at 8:02 PM, Patrick wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 17:08 +0000, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
>> Just picked up two of these puppies from my parcelforce depot.
>>
>> Man, they are smart phones. They look the business. I installed one
>> within seconds, fantastic web configuration - much like the
>> SPA3000 box.
>>
>> Speakerphone sounds good, handset feels and sounds good.
>>
>> I'll be using this heavily over the next couple of days, and I'll let
>> you all know how we find it.
>>
>> And nearly half the price of a second-hand 7940 it's a real steal.
>
> Too bad they have only one Ethernet port. I read on the review at
> http://voipspeak.net/index.php?
> option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=27 that the next 942
> model will have a second Ethernet port and PoE support. Other than
> that it looks like quite a nice phone. Polycom's IP301 featureset
> beats the SPA941 on some points as it does have dual Ethernet ports
> and PoE support but it is limited to 2 lines. Anyone with first
> hand experience with both phones want to share their thoughts?
I have used both and at this point I would favor the 942. At least it
has a speakerphone. Its display also has more useful info although I
find it a bit darker but the text is sharper. Buttons on the Poly are
better. Yes the 942 would be better if it had poe. i actually do not
like running pc through phones, just a hangup of mine.