[Asterisk-Users] asterisk startup

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Mon Nov 21 02:38:22 MST 2005

On 21 Nov 2005, at 00:38, Luki wrote:

>> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1 ... will make the kernel do old-style
>> process-perthread posix threads.
>
> I don't have this anywhere in the startup script on 2.6.12-1.1372_FC3
> and still have only one process in ps:

Sorry, I wasn't clear, if you _do_ have LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1
in your start-up script
(or a real 2.4.1 kernel) you will get multiple lines in your ps output,
one per thread.

If you have a newer kernel and _don't_ have LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.4.1
set you will get one line in your ps output - all the threads running in
a single process.

> $ ps aux|grep asterisk
> asterisk  4649  0.0  0.2 17744 1080 ?        S<l  Sep08  37:19
> /usr/sbin/asterisk -U asterisk -G asterisk -g -vvvvv -n
>
> It's Sunday, it's quiet, no calls currently. Not that it should make a
> difference, but I run asterisk in a chrooted environment with its own
> copy all all shared libs, etc. Maybe it is running in the old-style
> mode, but I don't know how to check for sure. Oh well, still a
> mystery...

No, what you see agrees with what I was trying to say , I just didn't
express my self that well :-) (hey it was sunday night....)

Tim.

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/