[Asterisk-Users] DNID on IAX2 trunks?

David dbw1977 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 12:04:42 MST 2005

Hello,

  Forgive my newbie-ness here, but i am trying to get a voicemail service up and running.

  Basically, i am trying to offer individual incoming phone numbers to  every user.  I currently use an IAX2 trunk to connect my server to  the phone lines.

  Is there a way to figure out what number was dialed to get to my  server?  Ie, i want to know if they dialed 800-444-4444 vs  800-444-4445.  I figure there must be a way, but i've tried using  the ${DNID} variable and it is empty.

  ALSO, on an unrelated note, i want to pass back info back and forth  between my AGI script and Asterisk.  I know you can pass info INTO  AGI, but can you pass the info back OUT of AGI into the Asterisk  extensions.conf dialplan?

  Many thanks.
  David