[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk Set CallerID on Broadvoice?

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 22:24:29 MST 2005

Hey,

Has anybody been able to get Broadvoice to pass the callerid string that
Asterisk feeds it to the PSTN? If not, can anyone recommend a provider with
a similar pricing structure (monthly fee for more-or-less unlimited
termination to USA and 20-30 other countries) that will pass callerid
(preferably IAX but SIP is fine)?

I have found a provider that can provide reliable DIDs and reliable DTMF
detection via rfc2833, but I am not that happy with their outgoing pricing
structure. So, I would like to have this carrier originate all calls to my
DIDs, while sending calls from within my system out via whatever SIP or IAX
trunk I choose, using one of my DID numbers as the callerid value.

Thanks,
Rusty