[Asterisk-Users] Speech recognition or TTS with Asterisk?

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Nov 19 15:11:27 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 14:56 -0500, Paul wrote:
> I provided the link for phpagi. Install it and install festival. Set up
> an extension going to the weather.php demo.

> If you want this running real soon contact me offlist about paid
> services. Otherwise you will be reading and learning. Free help via the
> list happens while I am taking coffee/donut breaks so patience is a
> needed virtue.

Sadly I found festival easy to set up but really hard to understand what
its saying.  Unless you are super dedicated to tweaking festival to
sound better than speak and spell I would suggest using any number of
the paid services.

On my webpage I wrote an article talking about how to integrate IBMs TTS
engine into asterisk.  Its a shell script and a simple macro to call it.
Really trivial, but it sounds WAY better.

I would also like to add that it appears IBM moved their system, I will
see if I can hunt down the new site for their TTS demo ...  Their new
demo has more voices so that would be a good thing.

IBM doesnt sound the best but it is better than festival, and due to the
old license anyway, the same cost :)

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378