[Asterisk-Users] Speech recognition or TTS with Asterisk?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Thu Nov 17 12:56:51 MST 2005

John Brookes wrote:

> Paul,
> Can you say more about how I could get started on this?
> I have been looking at Cepstral for TTS, but any will do.
> Can this be implemented in Java?
> JB

I provided the link for phpagi. Install it and install festival. Set up
an extension going to the weather.php demo.

If you are running debian 3.1 it should be workable. If you are running
another distro there may be differences.

If you want this running real soon contact me offlist about paid
services. Otherwise you will be reading and learning. Free help via the
list happens while I am taking coffee/donut breaks so patience is a
needed virtue.