[Asterisk-Users] ATA-488 FXO

Martin Joseph mercedes at barknaturalpet.com
Sat Nov 19 10:50:58 MST 2005

On Nov 8, 2005, at 10:39 AM, Bill Michaelson wrote:

> Is anyone using a Grandstream ATA-488 FXO port to connect a PSTN trunk
> to their Asterisk box (via SIP, of course)?
>
> Is it possible to have such a beast operate reasonably?
>
> If so, is it also possible to use the FXS port concurrently and
> independently?

I am a newbie, and am also trying to get this device to work.  I have
it working well enough that I can manually dial the extension of the
FXO and get my PSTN dial tone via VOIP.  This seems to work reliably
and I have been testing it with softphones for several days.  Also I
have the FXS working ok  so yes you can use them both independently.

My current struggle is to figure out how make an appropriate dialplan,
so that dialing a regular old 7 digit (or 10) phone number will route
the call through the FXO.

This appears to be a relevant thread, but I am still deciphering it.
http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-4555.html

Thanks for posting this topic !  I was too chicken.
Marty