[Asterisk-Users] IAX and Firewall

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Fri Nov 18 21:49:09 MST 2005

Joseph wrote:

>VOIPJET - one of their servers was down, so switching the server IP
>solved the problem.
>Is it possible to specify two or three alternate server in iax.conf just
>in case once goes down so the system will try alternate server
>connection?

Yes you can. The logic for cascading servers is in extensions.conf.
However, registering the same account at the same time on different
servers is something you'll have to ask VOIPJET about.
You could keep your current account on one server, open another account
and register it on the other server.

>I've tried connecting to Philippines from both providers and it appear
>to me something must be wrong with the line to the Philippines, the
>connection will not go through.

"the connection will not go through" can mean a failure at the
Philippine end or at your voip provider.
You might want to be a little more specific.
What area codes are you calling? I'll see if I can test them from my end.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.