[Asterisk-Users] IAX and Firewall

Piotr A. Sygula psygula at net-shapers.com
Fri Nov 18 15:01:50 MST 2005

If teliax ever wants to connect to your asterisk box, as in if they're
providing a DID for you, you will need to allow teliax through the firewall.
If you're the one originating the connection to them, you don't need to open
the ingress port.

> I don't believe so. By registering with the remote server,
> you are giving them the NAT port to get back into your
> server with. All communications will take place on that
> port.

Registration has nothing to do with NAT.  The key here is which side
initiates the connection.  Of course this is all under the assumption that
Joseph's firewall is statefull.

**
***
****
Peter A. Sygula
President/Chief Security Officer - NetShapers, Inc.
< http://www.net-shapers.com  >