[Asterisk-Users] Context restrictions for long distance access, examples not clear?

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Fri Nov 18 11:09:43 MST 2005

What context are your phones in? (context= in sip or iax config)

If your phones are in the local-users context, they will be able to dial
numbers found in local-users, extensions and local.

If your phones are in the long-users context, they will be able to dial
numbers in long-users, local, long-distance and extensions.

Extensions in a context are handled in the order they are listed. In
this case, I would remove the entries which are also in extensions from
the local-users and long-users extensions.

-Jonathan