[Asterisk-Users] HFC ISDN card and mISDN driver

Amatisoft SRL amatisoft at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 02:43:39 MST 2005

>>I get the same errors with the install-misdn script from Beronet:
  >
  >Replying to myself to say that I solved this issue by downloading the CVS
  >version of mISDN from isdn4linux's CVS repository and replacing the one from
  >the tarball that gets downloaded by the Makefile.
  >
  >However, I still cannot get Asterisk to startup with mISDN, chan_misdn and
  >an /etc/asterisk/misdn.conf file -- it keeps saying "init_stack: Function
  >not implemented". If I remove the misdn.conf file, * will start, but won't
  >initialise my card (obviously).

  I am successfuly using chan_misdn, the mISDN stuff from PBX4Linux and  the 2.6.9 kernel to get multiple HFC-S cards in the same Asterisk box.  You should try an older version of the Linux kernel.

  >So, I'm back to CAPI and chan_capi-cm on * 1.0.9 until I can find an
  >alternative ISDN-BRI card that allows multiple instances in a single PC.
  >Darn AVM!Fritz cards. *sigh*

  In order to get multiple instances of the AVM Fritz! PCI card in a  single PC and use them with chan_capi and the AVM CAPI4Linux drivers, I  had to patch the AVM's driver. I will try this days to write a small  tutorial how to patch the 2.6 kernel and post it on the wiki.

  More details about the versions of the software I am using are here:

  http://amatisoft.homelinux.com/demo/cgi-bin/amatix/allpackages.html

  --
  Amatisoft SRL
  http://amatisoft.homelinux.com