[Asterisk-Users] CVS v1-2-0 make problems?

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:12:54 MST 2005

On 11/17/05, Kristian Kielhofner <kris at krisk.org> wrote:
> Asterisk-users,
>
>        Has anyone else had problems with the v1-2-0 CVS rev?  Here's the deal:
>
>        LATE last night I checkout out 1.2.0 with CVS:
>
> rm -rf asterisk zaptel libpri
> cvs co -r "v1-2-0" zaptel
> cvs co -r "v1-2-0" libpri
> cvs co -r "v1-2-0" asterisk
>
>        zaptel and libpri build fine.  Asterisk, however, seems to get stuck in
> a infinite loop while (guessing) determining version.  The loop occurs
> when using cmp to check version.h and version.h.tmp.  It goes on
> forever, forever, and forever.
>
>        However, using the 1.2.0 tarballs work perfectly, for libpri, zaptel,
> and asterisk.
>
>        Yes, this is for AstLinux and it is using my cross-build environment.
> (Which has worked very well for tracking CVS HEAD at build.astlinux.org,
> and as mention before can build using the 1.2.0 tarballs).
>
>        I'd have more time to dig deep into it, but I am just trying to get a
> 1.2 build of AstLinux done.  I somewhat foolishly promised one by
> tomorrow :).
>
>        Anyone else experiencing this?  Are my CVS commands wrong?  What's up?
>
> Thanks in advance, and a HUGE thank you to everyone at Digium for
> getting 1.2 out!

 Kristian,

 No. You're not the only one to be having that problem, and you're
correct that it is only a problem with checked out via CVS versions of
Asterisk. I believe the consensus/solution was that with regard to the
release, you can avoid the problem by using the tarball and going
forward the dev branch is going to be using SVN which avoids the
problem all together.

 Thank you for AstLinux! It rocks! :)

 BJ

--