[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hobby box

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Thu Nov 17 12:45:53 MST 2005

Logan wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Okay. I was reading on the voip-info.org about FXO and FXS. Is it
> possible just to get a card with FXO and FXS together? I know Digium
> sells them, but as I've said, I'm looking to spend too much.
>
> Thanks for everyone's input!
> Logan.

FXO is easy, but FXS is more expensive.  You'll likely need two cards
(one for each).  You can get $10 FXO cards on ebay, but something seems
to be buggy as heck with those.  I have problems with them nearly daily
which requires reboots.

You could try finding an Internet Phonejack (I think that's the FXS
one).  I bought one a while ago and it wasn't too expensive (compared to
the Digium stuff).  Not sure if the company exists any more.

Phil