[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Inter-tel

Shad Mortazavi Shad.Mortazavi at nexusmgmt.com
Wed Nov 16 06:37:47 MST 2005

Dear All,

I'm in the process of writing a voice recording application for a
customer using an Inter-Tel PBX.

I was planning on using the T1 interface on the Inter-Tel to route calls
to an Asterisk server that would do the voice recording. I was going to
use the Caller ID or DNIS to help with some of the call details.

I was told by the customers PBX vendor that the T1 on the Inter-tel
could not be programmed to pass DNIS and/or caller ID to my Asterisk
server over the T1 and that this function was only possible via the OAI
interface?!

Does anyone have anything like this working over a T1?

Can someone confirm whether or not a T1 from an Inter-tel platform will
carry DNIS and/or caller ID.?

Many Thanks

Shad Mortazavi