[Asterisk-Users] ip phone

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Thu Nov 17 03:17:06 MST 2005

> looking for ip phones for an office setting.  The client
> wants about 15 phones initially.  Not counting volume
> discounts, does anyone have any
> recommendations.   Cost is a factor, after discounts they
> were thinking
> about $50/phone.

I've no idea what prices are like on the GXP-2000 on your side of the pond,
but we've installed those in a good few sites now and they seem to be a
decent compromise between price and performance. The SPA-841's audio quality
is substandard compared to the GXP, and the rubbery buttons/non-backlit
screen make it even less attractive. I'd also say the Bugetone 101/102 is
also noticably inferior to the GXP in terms of sound quality, and the screen
is far less flexible (if you want to rewrite caller ID to show users what
number callers have come in on, etc.).

I've no experience with Zultys phones I'm afraid.

I think $50/phone might be stretching things a little bit too far in terms
of price - depends what sort of quantity discount you can get on the number
of phones you're looking for I guess. I do know that over here, the quality
difference between a £50 phone and a £70 phone is much more immediately
noticable than the difference between the £70 phone and the £200 phone.

Regards,

Chris