[Asterisk-Users] ip phone

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Wed Nov 16 20:30:51 MST 2005

Bret - I have some overstock units of Zultys Zip2 handsets that are
brand new that I can offer you for $35/ea.  This is well below your
target and would allow you a respectable margin.  You are going to have
a considerable challenge in finding a sub-$50 SIP phone that will pass
muster in an office environment, unless your customer is completely
clueless and has no preconception of what to expect.

You can find information on the Zultys Zip2 here ->
http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=178&osCsid=1ff6c91c3730025a12316ede8108e10c

The units I have are white, not black, and are good entry level phones
that will hold up in an office setting.  They do not have an LCD screen,
but for $35/ea you can't expect a lot of eye candy.  They do have (2)
call appearances, web based configuration, and programmable softkeys.
This is a well manufactured unit and I have many clients who have
successfully integrated these with Asterisk.

It's true, I'd make a couple bucks so take my opinions expressed here
for what you deem them worth.  The only other SIP phones I know of that
could be had around your target price would be something from perhaps
Atcom or there are a host of other Asia based manufacturers who make OEM
level products, but they are usually quite lacking in terms of
documentation and have lower standards in terms of manufacturing quality.

Good luck!

Cory Andrews
Senior Partner
VOIPSupply.com