[Asterisk-Users] Weird behavior on incoming calls

Chris Stone cstone at axint.net
Wed Nov 16 16:56:57 MST 2005

Some people calling into our asterisk system get immediate voicemail (busy
extension - but it's not). Asterisk shows:

  == CDR updated on Zap/4-1
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/4-1", "SIP/302|30|trm") in new stack
    -- Called 302
    -- Started music on hold, class 'classic', on Zap/4-1
    -- Got SIP response 400 "Bad Request" back from 38.116.133.37
    -- SIP/302-6fd0 is circuit-busy
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
    -- Stopped music on hold on Zap/4-1
    -- Executing VoiceMail("Zap/4-1", "b302") in new stack
    -- Playing 'voicemail/default/302/busy' (language 'en')
  == Spawn extension (mainmenu, 302, 102) exited non-zero on 'Zap/4-1'
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/4-1", "") in new stack

I tried duplicating by calling in with my cell phone (and tried other cell and
landline phones also) and get right though to the dialed extension just fine.
For that, asterisk shows:

  == CDR updated on Zap/4-1
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/4-1", "SIP/302|30|trm") in new stack
    -- Called 302
    -- Started music on hold, class 'classic', on Zap/4-1
    -- SIP/302-b6f8 is ringing
    -- Stopped music on hold on Zap/4-1
  == Spawn extension (mainmenu, 302, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/4-1'
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/4-1", "") in new stack

Quite bizarre as it seems that the behavior is specific to the call
origination somehow.

Anybody seen this before and have suggestions on debugging or fixing?

Chris