[Asterisk-Users] RE: "open" asterisk?

Terry H. Gilsenan thg at interoil.com
Wed Nov 16 15:01:31 MST 2005

>     It's not too difficult.  I know several Asian companies who would
> gladly develop the card if you send them a sample and pay a
> development fee.

That is NOT development, that is production.

China is cheaper for _production_, but not nessicarily for development.

A lot (most?) of the cheaply produced stuff from china was developed in
the US, or Australia, etc, and then the design was given to a production
house for cheaper per-unit production, or the original IP was stolen
(legal||moral) and a cheap production run of counterfeit parts is the
result.