[Asterisk-Users] bluetooth headset with softphone or direct asterisk

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Nov 16 01:45:24 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 15:06 -0800, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> on automatic proximity detection, no BT device it forwards to your
> mobile.  The BT headset can be used as your 'soft phone' (more like
> using chan_oss than a soft phone though).

It's not _quite_ as bad as chan_oss; you do generally have at least one
button, which is intended to be used for 'redial' and is likely to send
the 'AT+BLDN' command. I usually hack my extensions.conf to direct that
to the place I want to call, before pressing the button on the headset.

The button also allows you to answer calls when the headset is ringing.
Although I haven't tried that with chan_bluetooth recently; I use it
only for outgoing calls. I think it's working though.

--
dwmw2