[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hobby box

Logan loganb at solitarygeek.com
Tue Nov 15 16:16:35 MST 2005

Hi...

I was going to clear a couple of things up because it seems that my
message wasn't very clear--it teaches me not to post to a mailing list
sick and half-sleep. Here we go...

I am trying to set up a small hobby box on Debian Linux to play around
with. This will in no way be in a production evironment or even a
semi-production environment. Asterisk will be installed on my personal
Linux box. I have a generic Soft56k modem (which I hope to soon replace)
in there now. It doesn't work for PPP in Debian because it's a Winmodem.
<- That's irrelavent. I was wondering if it was feasable to istall
Asterisk on this box and have that modem (or whatever modem) with a
regular telephone wired to the "Phone" port. I'm hoping to spend very
little (under $50) or none, if possible.

Thanks for the other helpful input, though.
Logan.