[Asterisk-Users] Intel Desktop MotherBoards Unsuitable for DigiumBoards

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 11:33:49 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On Tuesday 15 November 2005 10:49, Kevin Hanson wrote:
>

>>Haven't tried swapping slots yet.  And, no, bios does not allow IRQ
>>assignment.
>>

>Well, as Kevin Fleming and I both pointed out, lspci -v output is irrelavent,
>as it is the IRQ assignments before the IO-APIC gets configured.
>
>Do you have these problems with the IO-APIC in native (not XT-PIC) mode?
>
>At any rate, I don't think this is the cause of your echo, but it's good to
>try and get it separated just for simplicity's sake.
>
>-A.

Can you explain the earlier post in this thread that seems to imply that
Digium support thinks differently?

"The following output from "lspci -vb" (shows IRQ from PCI-bus
perspective rather than the APIC perspective) shows one of your Digium
cards sharing with another device on the system.
<snip>

"I.e. although APIC is splitting up IRQ's rather nicely, the tech support guy [Digium] is saying that it doesn't matter what the APIC layer says."

Side note:  I agree that this probably isn't the cause of my echo.

Cheers,
Kevin