[Asterisk-Users] "open" asterisk?

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Mon Nov 14 19:38:32 MST 2005

Haven't we all lost sight of something here?  Allison is a person, not
an object.  If she wants to do work for one person rather than the
other, it is up to her.  Code is a different story sure, but this is a
human being you are talking about.

This is a free enterprise, if you want to have a project of your own,
get your own people.  Allison's voice may be popular within the asterisk
community, but personally I would rather have a voice like James Earl
Jones' as Verizon has, or Majel Barrett-Rodenberry.  Of course, they are
top names and would not do such things unless serious money were
involved.

A person does what is in their best interest, and there is nothing wrong
with that.

I am not defending one person or another, but people need to be
realistic here.  I know not what the contractual arrangements are, but
agree that open source has nothing to do with a person's voice,
personality, or any other aspect of a person.  Open source is about
sharing knowledge.

As for the people who would suspect digium is strong-arming anyone,
hell, if it weren't for them you wouldn't have asterisk would you?  And
therefore probably no openpbx either, and we all would be spending
thousands to do what asterisk can do for free.

Regards,
Greg