[Asterisk-Users] asterisk sample size adjustment

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Nov 14 12:50:18 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 10:17 -0800, Dan Austin wrote:
> Indeed it is.  At the time it was posted someone suggested that adding
> an option to the codec selection process would be better, but no one
> added the code (allow=ulaw:30,g729:40 type of thing).

I think that is a better way to go so that you can tweak things specific
for your system.  Someone on DSL with PPPoE has to contend not only with
ATM framing but also with PPPoE framing (6 bytes per packet iirc) and so
on.  Typically though if you are on DSL, especially with PPPoE you are a
home user, and the calling volume should be low enough that you can
tolerate a little inefficiency, if they are tuned for straight ATM that
would prolly work best for the majority of people the majority of the
time.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378