[Asterisk-Users] asterisk sample size adjustment

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Mon Nov 14 11:17:49 MST 2005

Asterisk

>> There is a patch in Mantis, bugid 5162, I think, that allows for
>> changing the packetization size.  It surrently works on
>> global/users/peers, but is not per codec.
>

> eeps that can break stuff or at least cause performance problems with
> mixed codecs :(
Six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.  We had a number of devices
with less than ideal packetization defaults.  The patch allowed
us to force a common denominator and works well.

> At least its a start..  personal preference I dont like stuff
hardcoded
> unless it has to be, but that is just me.
Indeed it is.  At the time it was posted someone suggested that adding
an option to the codec selection process would be better, but no one
added the code (allow=ulaw:30,g729:40 type of thing).

Dan