[Asterisk-Users] Media gateway recommendations?

Dustin Wenz dwenz at iscompanies.com
Mon Nov 14 10:31:30 MST 2005

I am in the process of replacing a Zultys MX250 with an Asterisk PBX
system. Right now, there is a PRI T1 line coming in from the phone
company that plugs directly into the MX250. I believe Digium offers
PCI cards that will provide this same functionality, but what I would
really like is to have Asterisk physically abstracted from the phone
company's interface. That would mean I'll need a standalone media
gateway that serves SIP traffic to the LAN.

Zultys offers the MX25 which may do what I want, but I really want to
avoid anything from Zultys at the moment. I think Cisco also offers a
media gateway, but I haven't been able to find any case examples of
how well it works with Asterisk in this sort of environment. Can
anyone recommend a gateway that is reasonably priced and can be
cleanly integrated with Asterisk?

Thanks!

     - .Dustin Wenz