[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Installation exits with following error

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Nov 13 20:40:52 MST 2005

> After running make clean; make install, asterisk starts installing itself but then
terminates after some time with the following error:

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lidn
>
> collect 2: Id returned 1 exit status
>
> make[1]: *** [app_curl.so] Error 1
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asterisk/apps'
>
> make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
>

> On typing asterisk at command prompt doesn't start asterisk, which mean it didn't
install successfully. I never had this problem
> previousely, what am I mississing this time. Did I miss something when installing
Fedora Core 3?

The message is suggesting you don't have 'curl' installed. (I had the
same issue some time ago with fc3.)

Download curl (and if I'm not mistaken, you need the curl source code
installed as well).

Then do another 'make clean' followed by 'make install'.