[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Installation exits with following error

Zeeshan zeeshan at acabling.com
Sun Nov 13 20:16:12 MST 2005

Hi everybody,

After running make clean; make install, asterisk starts installing
itself but then terminates after some time with the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lidn
collect 2: Id returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [app_curl.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/asterisk/apps'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

On typing asterisk at command prompt doesn't start asterisk, which mean
it didn't install successfully. I never had this problem previousely,
what am I mississing this time. Did I miss something when installing
Fedora Core 3?

Thanks
Zeeshan A Zakaria