[Asterisk-Users] X100P troubles?

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Sun Nov 13 19:53:40 MST 2005

On Nov 13, 2005, at 6:09 PM, Rich Adamson wrote:

> About a year and a half ago when I was running a couple of x100p's
> there was an issue associated with disconnecting the pstn line from
> the card. If I recall correctly, if the pstn line was removed for
> more then a second or so (a couple of times), the card would go into
> some unknown state and it had to be restarted. The comments/fix at the
> time were oriented around "don't do that" instead of fixing the code
> to recognizing it.
>
> I don't have a clue whether that is still an issue with the x100p
> code or not.

Humm, when I moved the jacks around (trying to get the 'bad' card out
of the loop) the machine hung.

> You might try using a regular old voltmeter on the tip/ring of the
> line going to the Toshiba and watch what happens at the end of a
> VM call. It is possible the Toshiba is opening/disconnecting the
> line for some rather lengthy period (disconnect supervision).

I fear you might be right.  I used zttool a few times while the
machine was in production.  At least once I saw the card which gets
the most use in a 'red' state and then switch back to OK when
activity (ringing) occured.

Sigh, looks like a hardware/driver issue that's been around for at
least a year and a half?!  Say it isn't so. :'(

Phil