[Asterisk-Users] X100P troubles?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Nov 13 19:09:48 MST 2005

> I've got a voicemail server I made from four X100P cards (off eBay),
> Fedora Core 4, connected to a Toshiba DK40 system.  I'm using
> Asterisk 1.0.9, and Zaptel 1.0.9.2.
>
> It works great, except the card which receives a majority of the
> activity occationally will go into a 'Red' alarm and then Asterisk
> won't answer calls on any of the cards, eventhough the other cards
> are not in an alarm state.  If I reboot the server, all it well
> again.  I've switched around the ports in case of a hardware issue,
> but the same thing happened on a different card (again, it was
> handling a majority of the calls).
>
> I don't see anything in the logs, but I may not know what to look for.
>
> Is this a known issue?

About a year and a half ago when I was running a couple of x100p's
there was an issue associated with disconnecting the pstn line from
the card. If I recall correctly, if the pstn line was removed for
more then a second or so (a couple of times), the card would go into
some unknown state and it had to be restarted. The comments/fix at the
time were oriented around "don't do that" instead of fixing the code
to recognizing it.

I don't have a clue whether that is still an issue with the x100p
code or not.

You might try using a regular old voltmeter on the tip/ring of the
line going to the Toshiba and watch what happens at the end of a
VM call. It is possible the Toshiba is opening/disconnecting the
line for some rather lengthy period (disconnect supervision).