[Asterisk-Users] Voicepulse Open Access problems

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 12:52:01 MST 2005

On 11/13/05, Paul <digium-list at 9ux.com> wrote:

> I have 2 voicepulse open access numbers coming in over SIP. I use them
> for some testing and at other times I just comment out the register
> lines and let them go to the voicepulse mailboxes.
>
> I went to use them yesterday and they are not working. Calls go to the
> voicemail and if I enable their unavailability forwarding that works.
>
> Anyone else having this problem? I didn't change anything on my end. It
> just stopped working. Since then I have tried a few things but nothing
> helped so I reverted to the config that worked once upon a time.

One of their gateways took a dive about a week or so ago. Look at the
gateways they have listed and use the second one, that one works. Nice of
them to send us out a notice though after being down for that long.

I've talked to them on the phone and they were easy to get ahold of, but
they don't seem to pay much attention to their website or to notifying
customers of things we should know. Quality has always been pretty good
though.

You know one provider that has always been really proactive with this kind
of stuff is Teliax. They consistantly send me email messages about any
changes, and it's a nice way of letting customers know that someone is
actually there. Just the other day I got a notice about an old gateway they
were phasing out. It reminded me to check all my setups and sure enough I
had one with the old gateway still in my system.

Chris