[Asterisk-Users] debian sarge & zaptel 1.2 & TDM400P

Dulmandakh Sukhbaatar dulmandakh at netsoft.mn
Sat Nov 12 00:35:43 MST 2005

I run debian sarge with kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686, compiled and installed
zaptel 1.2rc2 without any problem. Modules can be loaded without
problem. Also I have TDM04M or TDM card with 4 FXO modules.

/etc/zaptel.conf contains, as mentioned in Asterisk. The Future of
telephony:
fxsks=1-4
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

ztcfg -vv shows me:
Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels configured.

And connected my phone line to the TDM card, of cource RJ45.

In Asterisk book:
Now that the FXO channel is configured, let’s test it. Run the zttool
application and
connect your PSTN line to the FXO port on your TDM400P. Once you have a
phone
line connected to your FXO port, you can watch the card come out of a
RED alarm.

But nothing becomes red. Any suggestions? Please help and sorry for my
poor english.