[Asterisk-Users] How do I apply the asterisk patches?

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Fri Nov 11 19:40:08 MST 2005

Michaël Gaudette wrote:
> I've just registered on the Mantis system, and I reported a bug, and
> somebody answered me with a patch (something.patch).
>
> That's all good and fine, and I'm really proud of what a good boy I am, but
> how the heck do I apply this patch? :-)
>
> Yes, this is not my greatest moment, but I'd really like to know so I can
> apply the patch!

:D

The idea is you type:

cd /usr/src/asterisk (or whatever the patch is for)

then:

patch < something.patch

It may need a little help going in (and don't forget you will need to use the
same version of Asterisk as the person who created the patch)

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell

http://www.sineapps.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News - html)