[Asterisk-Users] Disable Comfort Noise on Grandstream Phones?

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 19:05:46 MST 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible (and if so, how) to disable the comfort
noise generation "feature" on Grandstream telephones? I received my first
Grandstream phone in the mail today and have been experimenting with it, and
I have found that it works very well but the comfort noise that it generates
seems quite loud and does not necessarily go away when someone on the other
end of the call is speaking.

I understand that comfort noise is, in fact, comforting to most people, but
I would really like to disable it on the phone(s) that I am personally going
to be using. I don't see an option to do this on the phone's built-in
webserver, so hopefully someone will have knowledge of some "secret" method
by which I can do this :).

Thanks,
Rusty