[Asterisk-Users] asterisk T100P to Merlin Legend

Sterling Moses sterling at zixion.com
Fri Nov 11 11:16:30 MST 2005

I am running into issues with this same setup and would like to
update the wiki with information on connecting an avaya legend to an
asterisk server via a T100P. Please post your experiences with the
legend and asterisk so we can compile a great list of step by step
instructions for the wiki.

Some questions I have pertain to the protocol used between the MLPBX
and the T100P card.

We are running ML Release 7.0 with a 100D DS1 Card (hardware 1B,
firmware 90) and a Cross Over Cable (1,2,4,5 -> 4,5,1,2) to the T100P.

We have selected the Legend-Ntwk type on the ML side.

Should we be running something like 5ESS rather than legend-ntwk?

Again, if anyone has semi-detailed to detailed instructions for the
ML Legend or ML Magix please post them so we can update the wiki.

Sterling.

 >Spectro,
 >
 >I have a T100P connected to my Merlin Magix and it works like a
champ.  I am
 >using an older T1 card (one pulled from a Merlin Legend) without any
 >problems.  The card is a "100D 1 T1 Trunk" blade.
 >
 >I have my system configured as a PRI (23B+D).  The T100P is
configured to
 >signal with pri_net and to provide timing.  I used the 5ESS
protocol, but I
 >suppose any of the PRI variants supported by both devices would work.
 >
 >I do not have (or need) any CSU/DSU equipment in between the two
devices.  I
 >simply built a crossover T1 cable (warning - not the same as an
Ethernet
 >cross-over cable) and connected the two devices.  The card and the
switch
 >synched up and worked immediately.
 >
 >The hardest part was programming the ARS table to properly make use
of the
 >connection.
 >
 >As for the insertion of the new card -- I had to do a "board
renumber" and
 >it did mess with the dial plan on the switch a bit.  Stations did not
 >change, but the trunk numbering did.  (This may be specific to my
 >installation -- Magix/Legend are a field unto themselves.)
 >
 >Good luck with the install.  My number is below if you have additional
 >questions.
 >
 >Thanks,
 >
 >Steve
 >
 >Steven Sokol