[Asterisk-Users] Re: Cisco DHCP and Polycom boot server

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Thu Nov 10 07:53:01 MST 2005

Hi Peter -

> When you set up the DHCP pool in Cisco you need to use syntax like:
>
> --> option 66 ascii "a.b.c.d"

Thanks!

I guess maybe I didn't explain very well.  I did get this far, and this
seems to work well, if I manually set the phone to read an ascii string.

I'm being really picky here, though.  I want Joe Schmoe user to be able to
plug in the phone and have it get provisioned without having to make any
changes to the phone (like selecting to use a DCHP string rather than an
IP).

With all the Cisco phones that I have, the default setting has been to read
the tftp-boot-server parameter as an IP rather than as a string, and I can't
get this to work with Cisco DHCP.  Maybe somebody else has, though?

Thanks,
Noah