[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P + FXO module = PSTN woes

Jacques Beyers jacquesb at b-squared.co.za
Fri Nov 11 00:25:01 MST 2005

Hi everyone,

I have installed Asterisk 1.0.9 on FC3. I have recently installed a Digium
TDM400P and a red Digium FXO module, which I hope to connect to the PSTN so
I can make outbound calls. The FXO card is installed in port 1, and the
telephone jack is inserted into port 1.

No matter how I try, I cannot get Asterisk to dial out. Please could someone
point me in the right direction.

Here are a bit of information on how my system is configured:

/proc/interrupts
cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 	536844 XT-PIC timer
1: 	8 XT-PIC i8042
2: 	0 XT-PIC cascade
3: 	0 XT-PIC ehci_hcd:usb1
4: 	0 XT-PIC ohci_hcd:usb3
8: 	1 XT-PIC rtc
9: 	0 XT-PIC acpi, ohci_hcd:usb2
10: 	504097 XT-PIC wctdm
11: 	2963 XT-PIC eth0
12: 	110 XT-PIC i8042
14: 	4313 XT-PIC ide0
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

/etc/zaptel.conf
fxsks=1
loadzone=za
defaultzone=za

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
language=en
immediate=no
context=default
usecallerid=yes
callprogress=no

transfer=yes
threewaycalling=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
cancallforward=yes

musiconhold=default
pridialplan = local
prilocaldialplan = local
nationalprefix = 0
internationalprefix = 00

;Echo control
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes

;Adjust Volume
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

; This is for the FXS Digium card
signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400
callerid=asreceived
group=1
context=default
channel => 1

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
[general]
static=no
writeprotect=no

[globals]
TRUNK=Zap/1

include => daytime|9:00-17:00|mon-fri|*|*

[local]
ignorepat => 0
include => sip

[default]
include => sip

exten => _X.,1,wait(1)
exten => _X.,2,Answer()
exten => _X.,3,Goto(default,s,1)

exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,NoOp(${CALLERID})
exten => s,3,Goto(sip,2100,1)

exten => t,1,Goto(default,s,4)
exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)

[sip]
exten => 2100,1,Answer
exten => 2100,2,wait(1)
exten => 2100,3,Dial(SIP/2101,20,tr)
exten => 2100,4,Voicemail(u2100)
exten => 2100,103,Voicemail(b2100)
exten => 2100,104,hangup

exten => 2101,1,Answer
exten => 2101,2,wait(1)
exten => 2101,3,Dial(SIP/2101,20,tr)
exten => 2101,4,Voicemail(u2101)
exten => 2101,102,Voicemail(b2101)
exten => 2101,103,hangup

; This is where we handle the outgoing calls
exten => _0.,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:1},70,T,t)
exten => _0.,2,Hangup

Now because ZAPTEL moans on boot-up, I have removed ZAPTEL from the startup
services and edited my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file to load everything.

/etc/rc.d/rc.local
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local

/sbin/modprobe zaptel
/sbin/modprobe wctdm ; I have also tried wcfxs
/sbin/service zaptel start

sleep 1
/sbin/service asterisk start
sleep 1

lsmod
Module		Size		Used by
wcfxs 		32288 		0
zaptel 		208388 	1 wcfxs
md5 		4033 		1
ipv6 		262977 	10
autofs4 	28229 		0
dm_mod 	57333 		0
video 		15685 		0
button 		6609 		0
battery 		9285 		0
ac 		4805 		0
ohci_hcd 	26081 		0
ehci_hcd 	40013 		0
i2c_sis96x 	5445 		0
i2c_core 	21313 		1 i2c_sis96x
hisax 		598301 	0
crc_ccitt 	2113 		2 zaptel,hisax
isdn 		148673 	1 hisax
slhc 		6849 		1 isdn
r8169 		29005 		0
ext3 		130633 	2
jbd 		83161 		1 ext3

Now Asterisk starts up fine, and when I dial, using X-Ten Lite, Asterisk
shows that it is dialling the ZAP/1, but the number I am dialling never
rings.

I am probably doing something stupid, so if anyone can shed some light, I
will appreciate it.

Kindest regards,
Jacques Beyers