[Asterisk-Users] DSL router with QOS

Keith Schmidt keith at giantlockbox.com
Thu Nov 10 16:47:34 MST 2005

Rod

I want my voice traffic to go out first; I have 2 server (a dns server
and a web server that host 10 small sites) and 8 computers on my
business class dsl connection (3 megs down 768 up, 7 static IPs).
Sometimes people send out large emails and I think it floods my DSL
connection, my ping times to my asterisk box spike and go from 45 ms all
the way up to sometimes 700+ ms (not cool).  Right now I have no QOS on
my network, I was thinking that it might solve my problem of the moments
of scilence that I get on some calls.

I totally understand that once it gets out on the Net I have no control
over it.

--Keith